Monday, February 22, 2010

My First Post

This is my first attempt at blogging. As a veteran of the relocation profession, I am hoping to be able to share some of the day to day experiences that touch our lives here at Pearce Plus. It is true that, over the years, there have been times (too numerous to count) that I’ve thought “I could write a book about the things that happen here”. I guess blogging will finally afford me the opportunity to do that. It will be my chance to document stories that illustrate the work that we do, the challenges that we face, and the experiences that we encounter on a daily basis: funny … challenging … heartbreaking … unique.

I feel blessed to have landed in this industry (and that is pretty much how it happened). On a daily basis I am surrounded by people with passion. I have made “friends of a lifetime” through my professional affiliations. I can count on my peers when I need a word of wisdom. I make a living while making a difference in people’s lives. I, along with my colleagues, get to offer a helping hand, relieve stress, provide resources, and give people a sense of security at a time when they have been thrust full-throttle out of their comfort zones. It feels good.

In recent years, as the economy has continued to challenge us, there is no end to the solutions we can provide. I know that our strength lies in the partnerships we have formed with industry professionals. We have a unique consortium of experts in every discipline. By maintaining those connections and keeping current with the latest relocation and real estate trends, we continue to add programs and services that meet the growing needs of both employers and employees.

I recently attended a committee meeting at the Worldwide Employee Relocation Council (WERC®) headquarters in Virginia. As I looked around the table, I saw a variety of industry experts (the best of the best), all collaborating, all willing to share. I thought “how powerful we are because we are capable of joining forces”. I reflected on the early days of WERC® when a small group of employers decided to get together to exchange ideas and solutions. How far we have come since those early days!

And what an amazing experience I have had working with all of the brilliant minds in this industry. How blessed I am, here at Pearce Plus, to work with a team of people who wake up every day ready to face the challenges of relocation head on!

As I launch this blog and we grow our company, I look forward to what the future will bring. There is no end to the possibilities!

0 comments:

Post a Comment